geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Re: Accessing EJB via JNDI from a web application
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:35:07 GMT
Despite the following error in the log:

> > ERROR [KernelContextGBean] Error adding binding for
> > Mxi/Maintenix/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Maintenix/1/
> > ear,j2eeType=EjbBindings,name=EjbBindings

it seems that the GBean does indeed get properly deployed.  However, I
still cannot yet get it to find my JNDI bindings.

On the website, I noticed that it says that 1.2beta has Global JNDI
support....is that different from this Global JNDI plugin?

Thanks,
Aman

David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote on 01-24-2007 03:43:10 PM:

> On Jan 24, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:
>
> > So it seems there's a problem with the code in the EjbBindings.java
> > file.
> > Specifically, the GBeanInfoBuilder object that is created in the
> > static
> > initializer does not define the "homeContext" and "localHomeContext"
> > attributes that are used in the constructor.  I change the static
> > initializer to the following, and rebuilt the global-jndi-plugin,
> > and now I
> > don't get that constructor initialization error:
> >
> >     static {
> >         GBeanInfoBuilder builder =
> > GBeanInfoBuilder.createStatic(EjbBindings.class, "EjbBindings");
> >         builder.addAttribute("homeContext", String.class, true, true);
> >         builder.addAttribute("localHomeContext", String.class,
> > true, true);
> >         builder.setConstructor(new String[]{"kernel", "homeContext",
> > "localHomeContext"});
> >         GBEAN_INFO = builder.getBeanInfo();
> >     }
> >

> > However, now I get another error when the GBean is attempted to be
> > deployed:
> >
> > ERROR [KernelContextGBean] Error adding binding for
> > Mxi/Maintenix/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Maintenix/1/
> > ear,j2eeType=EjbBindings,name=EjbBindings
> >
> > It's hard to decipher what this error means.  I noticed that
> > there's been
> > no work done to the Global JNDI plugin since September 29th, 2006.
> > Is this
> > piece not yet ready to be used?
>
> Well, it's not part of anything that's in line to be released, but
> Dain had it working at one point and I don't know of any changes
> likely to break it.  However apparently there has been something that
> broke it.
>
> I suspect a different solution may be more appropriate for the
> openejb3 integration but I have no idea what at this point.
>
> If you can figure out any more info on what is going wrong here we
> might be able to fix this...
>
> thanks
> david jencks

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *