geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException - securityFilter
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:37:46 GMT
The problem has nothing to do with your filter.  If you look, you  
will see it way down in the call stack.  It seems that something is  
wrong w/ your Struts/Tiles configuration.


Regards,
Alan

On Jan 23, 2007, at 5:39 AM, Venkata Kalyan Prasad Namburi wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>
>
> My problem is like this….
>
> I am new to Geronimo.
>
> My application contains a login page. Before displaying the login  
> page it calls securityfilter class.
>
> After debugging I found out  the error is coming at this step  
> FilterChain.doFilter(request, response);
>
> I am attaching part of my web.xml and the error. I am unable to  
> figure out where the error is coming
>
>
>
> Web.xml :
>
>
>
> <filter>
>
>             <filter-name>SecurityFilter</filter-name>
>
>             <filter-class>
>
>                   com.symcor.wir.security.web.SecurityFilter
>
>             </filter-class>
>
>             <init-param>
>
>                   <param-name>SSO_SYM</param-name>
>
>                   <param-value>false</param-value>
>
>             </init-param>
>
> </filter>
>
>       <filter-mapping>
>
>             <filter-name>SecurityFilter</filter-name>
>
>             <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
>
>       </filter-mapping>
>
>
>
> Stack Trace in Geonimo log:
>
>
>
> ERROR [SecurityFilter] doFilter(ServletRequest sreq,  
> ServletResponse sres,FilterChain chain)SecurityFilter.doFilter :  
> Exception
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.FactorySet.getDefinition 
> (FactorySet.java:156)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper. 
> getDefinition(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:124)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition 
> (TilesRequestProcessor.java:180)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig 
> (TilesRequestProcessor.java:309)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process 
> (RequestProcessor.java:279)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process 
> (ActionServlet.java:1482)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet 
> (ActionServlet.java:507)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:595)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:688)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
>             at com.symcor.wir.security.web.SecurityFilter.doFilter 
> (SecurityFilter.java:365)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke 
> (StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke 
> (StandardContextValve.java:178)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke 
> (DefaultSubjectValve.java:56)
>
>             at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext 
> $SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke 
> (GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke 
> (StandardHostValve.java:126)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke 
> (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke 
> (StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke 
> (AccessLogValve.java:541)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service 
> (CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>
>             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process 
> (Http11Processor.java:869)
>
>             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol 
> $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java: 
> 667)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket 
> (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt 
> (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>
>             at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool 
> $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>
>             at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> 18:47:04,463 ERROR [[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet action  
> threw exception
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.FactorySet.getDefinition 
> (FactorySet.java:156)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper. 
> getDefinition(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:124)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition 
> (TilesRequestProcessor.java:180)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig 
> (TilesRequestProcessor.java:309)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process 
> (RequestProcessor.java:279)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process 
> (ActionServlet.java:1482)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet 
> (ActionServlet.java:507)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:595)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:688)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward 
> (PageContextImpl.java:703)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward 
> (PageContextImpl.java:670)
>
>             at org.apache.jsp.filterredirect_jsp._jspService 
> (org.apache.jsp.filterredirect_jsp:99)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service 
> (HttpJspBase.java:97)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:688)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service 
> (JspServletWrapper.java:332)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile 
> (JspServlet.java:314)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service 
> (JspServlet.java:264)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:688)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke 
> (StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke 
> (StandardContextValve.java:178)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke 
> (DefaultSubjectValve.java:56)
>
>             at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext 
> $SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke 
> (GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke 
> (StandardHostValve.java:126)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke 
> (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke 
> (StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke 
> (AccessLogValve.java:541)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service 
> (CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>
>             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process 
> (Http11Processor.java:869)
>
>             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol 
> $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java: 
> 667)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket 
> (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt 
> (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>
>             at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool 
> $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>
>             at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> 18:47:04,495 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw  
> exception
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.FactorySet.getDefinition 
> (FactorySet.java:156)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper. 
> getDefinition(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:124)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition 
> (TilesRequestProcessor.java:180)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig 
> (TilesRequestProcessor.java:309)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process 
> (RequestProcessor.java:279)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process 
> (ActionServlet.java:1482)
>
>             at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet 
> (ActionServlet.java:507)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:595)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:688)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward 
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward 
> (PageContextImpl.java:703)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward 
> (PageContextImpl.java:670)
>
>             at org.apache.jsp.filterredirect_jsp._jspService 
> (org.apache.jsp.filterredirect_jsp:99)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service 
> (HttpJspBase.java:97)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:688)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service 
> (JspServletWrapper.java:332)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile 
> (JspServlet.java:314)
>
>             at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service 
> (JspServlet.java:264)
>
>             at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
> (HttpServlet.java:688)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter 
> (ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke 
> (StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke 
> (StandardContextValve.java:178)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke 
> (DefaultSubjectValve.java:56)
>
>             at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext 
> $SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke 
> (GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke 
> (StandardHostValve.java:126)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke 
> (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke 
> (StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke 
> (AccessLogValve.java:541)
>
>             at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service 
> (CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>
>             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process 
> (Http11Processor.java:869)
>
>             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol 
> $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java: 
> 667)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket 
> (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>
>             at  
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt 
> (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>
>             at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool 
> $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>
>             at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> kalyan
>
> **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION  
> intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the  
> intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete  
> the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or  
> distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any  
> such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys  
> has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is  
> not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus  
> in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before  
> opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to  
> monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this  
> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be  
> stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
> ***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***
>


Mime
View raw message