geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Michael C." <mcr...@amica.com>
Subject Re: geronimo mail 1.1.1
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:09:26 GMT

Thank  you for your replies, they are greatly appreciated.  I would like to
step back for a moment and be sure i understand the big picture.

When our team first changed over from WSAD to MyEclipse and decided to use
Geronimo 1.0 as our local app server, we ran into this same email problem.
I found that there were some email bugs in the Geronimo 1.0 version, and
that you had to use the geronimo-mail.jar and the
geronimo-javamail-transport.jar files, and configure geronimo thru a GBEAN
to use these jars to fix the email issue.  Maybe already, my understanding
was incorrect but this did fix the issue.

We just upgraded to geronimo 1.1.1 and re-introduced the same email issue.
I have read where this email issue was fixed with 1.1.1.  But without any
changes, we still throw errors.  When i deployed the new email plan(in my
earlier threads), we still throw errors.  So i have a couple questions...

Since our application code uses the javax.mail.* packages, it would be best
to configure geronimo to use these packages for email.  To be honest, if
this is fixed with 1.1.1, then why are there still geronimo version email
packages in the new install?

Our intent would certainly be to use the mail packages from Sun since this
is the .jar file used in our app and our WebSphere production server.  Is it
an option to configure Geronimo to use this mail.jar file and if so, how do
we go about doing it?