geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "John Hawkins" <hawkin...@btconnect.com>
Subject Servlet init params not being picked up
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:09:06 GMT
Hi,

My servlet isn't picking up the init params. Am I doing something wrong?

Additionally - can I change these params in the geronimo-web.xml file so they change at deployment?

My servlet init method

public void init() throws ServletException
{
super.init();
// I used to get a specific param but that failed too so I moved to this test case
Enumeration names = getServletContext().getInitParameterNames();
System.out.println("Printing out init params");
while(names.hasMoreElements())
{
System.out.println("'"+names.nextElement()+"'");
}

outputs this to stdio ->
Printing out init params

but no params !

This is the web.xml....

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"

<web-app>
<display-name>my servlet</display-name>
<description>Test servlet</description>
<distributable> </distributable>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>TestServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>mytest.MyServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<description>
</description>
<param-name>myParam</param-name>
<param-value>myParamValue</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>
</web-app>

Here's my geronimo-web.xml....

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.1">
<dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
<dep:moduleId>
<dep:groupId>mygroup</dep:groupId>
<dep:artifactId>myartifactID</dep:artifactId>
<dep:type>war</dep:type>
</dep:moduleId>
<dep:dependencies />
<dep:hidden-classes />
<dep:non-overridable-classes />
</dep:environment>
<context-root>/mycontextroot</context-root>
</web-app>