geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "John Hawkins" <>
Subject Servlet init params not being picked up
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:09:06 GMT

My servlet isn't picking up the init params. Am I doing something wrong?

Additionally - can I change these params in the geronimo-web.xml file so they change at deployment?

My servlet init method

public void init() throws ServletException
// I used to get a specific param but that failed too so I moved to this test case
Enumeration names = getServletContext().getInitParameterNames();
System.out.println("Printing out init params");

outputs this to stdio ->
Printing out init params

but no params !

This is the web.xml....

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"

<display-name>my servlet</display-name>
<description>Test servlet</description>
<distributable> </distributable>

Here's my geronimo-web.xml....