geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Bharath Ganesh" <bharathgan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring if JAX-WS or JAX-RPC based
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:40:03 GMT
Hi Lin

webservices.xml with namepace and version <webservices xmlns="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" version="1.1"> would certainly mean it has
to be jax-rpc based.

But with namespace & version <webservices xmlns="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" ... version="1.2" does not mean it has to
be jax-ws based.
It could be jax-rpc based also since WebServices for J2EE 1.2 supports both
jax-ws and jax-rpc based web services. There could be two
webservice-descriptions in the same webservices.xml(1.2) and one of them
could be jax-rpc based and one be jax-ws based. (spec says)

But how does the deployer configure whether it is jax-ws based or jax-rpc
based.

Thoughts?

-Bharath
http://jroller.com/page/bharath