geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Bharath Ganesh" <bharathgan...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring if JAX-WS or JAX-RPC based
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:18:56 GMT
Hi
I was just trying out some JSR 109(*Webservcies for Java EE 1.2*)  web
servcies. I wanted to know if there is a standard way be means of which I
can tell the container whether my EJB/ Java class exposed as a web service
is a JAX-WS webservice or a JAX-RPC webservice.
Obviously if my module did not have a webservices.xml it means my web
service has to be JAX-WS based. But think of the case when I have the
deployment descriptor to override the annotations. In such a case how can
the container decide whether to use jax-rpc or jax-ws?
Also the spec says if the webservices.xml has a jaxrpc-mapping-file defined,
it would ignore this file for JAX-WS webservices, which is correct. So the
presence/absence of JAX-RPC mapping file does not seem to be the criteria
for determing if its JAX-WS/JAX-RPC.
So what else is the criteria?

Thanks
Bharath