geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "James Richardson" <ja...@time4tea.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo Transaction Management - not spec compliant?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:20:02 GMT

> I find the text of the jta 1.0.1B spec somewhat unclear on this but I
> notice on p. 63 in the change history for 1.0.1B they changed the
> description of when to call Synchronization.beforeCompletion from
> "before the start of the transaction completion process" to "before
> the start of the two-phase transaction commit process" so I think
> there's at least an implication that we shouldn't call
> beforeCompletion when we know we're going to rollback.
>
> I imagine the problem is that hibernate tries to use something that
> objects because it's set rollbackOnly?
>
> Which version of geronimo is your version of jencks using?
>
> Would you like to file a jira issue for this?
>
> thanks
> david jencks

Hi David - Thanks for your quick reply.

I think that it might be worth filing a JIRA for this - I will post this
info into it.

Interestingly, the test code fails with NPE when using JOTM in the
afterCompletion method, as the TM will no longer supply a transaction to
getStatus() on, and you need to use the supplied result code.

Its interesting that activemq works though; i'll forward this to logicblaze.

Best Regards,

James