geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Clayton Hicklin <chick...@mutiger.homeip.net>
Subject GBean tutorial
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:20:36 GMT
Can someone post or point me to a good tutorial on how to write a simple
service GBean?  I've looked through the mailing list as well as the
GBean info on the website, and I can't really find a good, clear
description on how to write, package and deploy a service GBean.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is incorporate a service into Geronimo
as a module (kind of like Tomcat or the ApacheDS module).  I understand
how to write the GBean itself, implementing GBeanLifecycle, doStart,
doStop, doFail, etc.  What I'm not clear on is how to construct the
maven environment around it (src and target directories, the various XML
files needed) and how to incorporate this into the overall Geronimo
build system so that I can just type "mvn install" in the root directory
and have it build my GBean alongside all the others.  Any pointers?

p.s. -> I'm currently attempting this with G1.2, but would like to know
how to do it in 2.0-Mx, as well, if it's different.

Thanks in advance!!!