geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimo mail 1.1.1
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:54:12 GMT
Michael C. wrote:
> I am working on getting you the exact string for the addRecipient call
> between other daily endeavors.  Meanwhile, we changed our code to use the
> getInstance() and get the same authentication error.  I reviewed the
> geronimo SMTPTransport class to see what is going on and found these
> constants:
>
>     private static final char CR = 13;
>     private static final char LF = 10;
>     private static final String MAIL_HOST = "mail.host";
>     private static final String MAIL_SMTP_LOCALHOST = "mail.smtp.localhost";
>     private static final String MAIL_SMTP_PORT = "mail.smtp.port";
>     private static final int MIN_MILLIS = 60000;
>     private static final String DEFAULT_MAIL_HOST = "localhost";
>     private static final int DEFAULT_MAIL_SMTP_PORT = 25;

you might want to add to your properties "mail.debug" with a value of
"true".  I guess the only other thing that would help me now is a stack
trace for the authentication error so I can see where this is coming
from.  The SMTPTransport should only attempt to authenticate with the
server if the property "mail.smtp.auth" has been set to true.

Rick