geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimo mail 1.1.1
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:21:49 GMT
The message about unable to relay for that address is sent back from the
SMTP server.  I'm not sure what it didn't like, but it appears it
couldn't figure out where to relay the message.

The part I find interesting is the stack trace.  You're using the Sun
javamail transport implementation, not the Geronimo one.  The API code
(javax.mail.* appears to be the Geronimo version).  Is that what you
intended?  I know we've never tested that combo, so it's unclear how
well that would work.  You might want to check around for a spurious
mail.jar file.  Having that in your classpath can potentially cause the
other transports to get registered and override the Geronimo ones.

Rick

Michael C. wrote:
> I tried your approach and that particular error went away but now i believe i
> am back to the root cause of all this effort; our email logic is throwing an
> error on this line in our application:
>
> javax.mail.Transport.send(message);
>
> Message=Could not send eMail to address someaddress@somewhere.com <;>
> Thread=Thread[AmicaWebApp--TP-Processor3,5,main] <;> Original
> Exception=javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses
> (javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> someaddress@somewhere.com
>
> ):Invalid Addresses (javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to
> relay for someaddress@somewhere.com
>
> Thu Jan 25 09:28:14 EST 2007 <;>  Message=Could not send eMail to address
> someaddress@somewhere.com<;>
> Thread=Thread[AmicaWebApp--TP-Processor3,5,main] <;> Original
> Exception=javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses
> (javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> someaddress@somewhere.com
>
> ):Invalid Addresses (javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to
> relay for someaddress@somewhere.com
>
> ) :Could not send eMail to address someaddress@somewhere.com
> javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses
> (javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> someaddress@somewhere.com
>
> )
>       at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:804)
>       at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:320)
>       at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:93)
>       at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:46)
>
> Caused by: javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> someaddress@somewhere.com
>       at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:672)
>
> I supplemented the real address but we are using a good address.  This error
> only occurs in our local testing using Geronimo but once we move our code to
> the next tier where WebSphere is running, everything works fine.  There is a
> configuration issue that i do not understand.
>

> djencks wrote:
>
>> It looks to me as if the error message is fairly clear about the
>> first think that is wrong with your xml....
>>
>> <resource-ref>
>>             <property>MailSession</property>
>>             <res-type>javax.mail.Session</res-type>
>>             <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>>             <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
>>             <pattern>
>>                  <name>mail/MailSession</name>
>>             </pattern>
>>         </resource-ref>
>>

>>> Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment
>>> descriptor:
>>> [error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
>>> 'ref-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' instead of
>>> 'property@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' here in
>>> element

>>> resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1, error:
>>> 'res-type@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' here in
>>> 'res-auth@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' here in
>>> element
>>> resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1, error:
>>> cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
>>> 'ref-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' instead of
>>> 'res-sharing-scope@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1'
>>> here in
>>> element resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1,
>>> error:
>>> cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
>>> 'ref-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' instead of
>>> 'pattern@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' here in element
>>> resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1, error:
>>> cvc-complex-type.2.4c: Expected element
>>> 'ref-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1' before the
>>> end of
>>> the content in element
>>> resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1]