geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <>
Subject Sessions where no sessions are needed
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:43:35 GMT
Dear Geronimo users and developers!

After we have ported our application from JBoss to Geronimo we have noticed that geronimo/tomcat/struts/velocity
started to opens session all the time! We have double checked our source code. To check if
sessions exist we always use request.getSession(false), and we do not set session parameters.

Because of the session id's which are always included in the URLs, too, Google crawls our
Applications very often.

We have noticed, that also simple applications, like the,
are sending cookies to the requesting browser, even though it seem no to be necessary.

Is there any way to turn this behavior off, is this a bug or a feature?

Thank you for your support,

Andreas Bohnert
Johannes Weberhofer

|  weberhofer GmbH