geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kaeto23 <kaet...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.2beta doesn't start, too
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 06:31:07 GMT

Hello, Kevan

I changed my JAVA_HOME to match the value of JRE_HOME, and now it seems
to work :P However, I still don't get why previous versions didn't show
that behaviour :/

Regarding the "different" directories: /usr/lib/java is a symbolic link
to /usr/lib/jdk1.6.0. The JRE_HOME was set to ${JAVA_HOME}/jre.

I'll deploy my work now. Hopefully I will not face new problems ;)

Best regards

Dirk

Kevan Miller schrieb:

> On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> Hi Dirk
>>
>> You probably encounter this problem due to the fact that you are
>> running it on java 1.6 (jdk6).
>> Try running it on java 1.5 (jdk5) instead it worked fine for me.
>>
>> As far as I know ( correct me if I am wrong, I am not part of the G
>> development teem ) Geronimo  1.2 on the Java 5 Virtual Machine
>> and Geronimo 2.0 is to be certified on Java EE 5 and are therefor
>> probably targeted to run on jdk5.
>
> The target runtime is Java 5. However, we'd certainly expect that
> Geronimo would run on Java 6.
>
> I think we've seen this problem before... Oh yeah. It was a problem
> related to geronimo.sh/bat:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Error-trying-to-start-fresh-trunk-build-%2810-27-2006%29-tf2522436.html#a7037555
>
> Dirk,
> Double check your JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME setting. My guess is it's not
> pointing to your java 6 installation...
>
> From
>
> 17:35:56,267 INFO  [root]   System property [java.endorsed.dirs]  =
> /usr/lib/java/lib/endorsed:/opt/geronimo/lib/endorsed
>
> it looks like JRE_HOME is set to /usr/lib/java. However, you're running
> java out of /usr/lib/jdk1.6.0/jre
>
> If that doesn't fix your problem, try running Geronimo as follows? It's
> not the recommended method for starting Geronimo, but I bet it will work...
>
>     java -jar <geronimo-bin-directory>/server.jar
>
> Alternatively, you could try:
>
>     export JAVA_OPTS=-enableassertions
>     geronimo.sh run
>
> --kevan