geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [geronimo1.1.1] Re:Re: Re: Axis2 war classloader ClassNotFoundException
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:47:41 GMT

On Jan 20, 2007, at 7:42 PM, falom wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> The axis2 client code is standalone, the name being looked up is
> java:comp/env/jms/myQueueConnectionFactory, it should return an
> object of ConnectionFactory.
>
> I think if i use plain javax.jms.* api instead of axis2 jms api, i
> can connect to the predefined jms resources in geronimo. So i'm
> kind of confused, since axis2 jms api should be based on standards.
> Maybe something else i'm missing here?

OK, I think I know what's going on but keep in mind I haven't tried
any of this :-)

If your code is not running in a javaee container its extremely
unlikely that you can look up anything under java:comp.  That context
is "reserved" by the ee specs for stuff configured by ee descriptors
or annotations specific to the ee component, and it provides a layer
of indirection so you can change what your app gets without changing
its code.

Since you're client is not running in an ee container you need to
configure the activemq jndi using the amq specific properties file
configuration outlined here:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jndi-support.html

In particular your app is going to need to look up something like
"myQueueConnectionFactory" rather than "java:comp/env/
myQueueConnectionFactory"

If you client was running in an ee app client container or ee server
then it should be possible to configure jndi so java:comp/env/
myQueueConnectionFactory gets you what you want.

Hope this helps
david jencks

> [...]
>>> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>> $Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>> $Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>> 2007-1-20 21:37:26 org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine
>>> $TransportNonBlockingInvocationWorker run
>>> info: Cannot get JMS Connection factory with props :
>>> {java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:61616,
>>> java.naming.factory.initial=org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContext
>>> Factory, transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName=java:comp/env/
>>> jms/myQueueConnectionFactory}
>>> C:\Axis2_1.1\axis2-1.1\samples\Axis2JmsWorkingSample2
>>> \client_repository
>>> 2007-1-20 21:37:29 org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine
>>> doDeploy
>>> info: Deploying module : addressing-1.1
>>> 2007-1-20 21:37:29
>>> org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSOutTransportInfo handleException
>>> error: Cannot get JMS Connection factory with props :
>>> {java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:61616,
>>> java.naming.factory.initial=org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContext
>>> Factory, transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName=java:comp/env/
>>> jms/myQueueConnectionFactory}
>>> javax.naming.NamingException: scheme java not recognized
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at org.activemq.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup
>>> (ReadOnlyContext.java:198)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSOutTransportInfo.getConnectionFact
>>> ory(JMSOutTransportInfo.java:85)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSOutTransportInfo.<init>
>>> (JMSOutTransportInfo.java:69)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSSender.invoke
>>> (JMSSender.java:66)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send
>>> (AxisEngine.java:670)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send
>>> (OutInAxisOperation.java:365)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient
>>> $NonBlockingInvocationWorker.run(OutInAxisOperation.java:444)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>> $Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
>>> $Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>> 2007-1-20 21:37:29 org.apache.axis2.jms2.JMSActiveEchoClient$1
>>> onError
>>> info: Cannot get JMS Connection factory with props :
>>> {java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:61616,
>>> java.naming.factory.initial=org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContext
>>> Factory, transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName=java:comp/env/
>>> 2007-1-20 21:37:30 org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine
> [...]
>>> (OutInAxisOperation.java:365)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute
>>> (OutInAxisOperation.java:295)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive
>>> (ServiceClient.java:579)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive
>>> (ServiceClient.java:508)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.rpc.client.RPCServiceClient.invokeBlocking
>>> (RPCServiceClient.java:95)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.apache.axis2.jms2.JMSActiveEchoClient.test03EchoString
>>> (JMSActiveEchoClient.java:249)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0
>>> (Native Method)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:
>>> 164)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:
>>> 130)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect
>>> (TestResult.java:110)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected
>>> (TestResult.java:128)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:
>>> 113)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:120)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest
>>> (TestSuite.java:228)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:
>>> 223)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run
>>> (OldTestClassRunner.java:35)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run
>>> (JUnit4TestReference.java:38)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run
>>> (TestExecution.java:38)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
>>> (RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
>>> (RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run
>>> (RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
>>> 鑱借伣鑱� at
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main
>>> (RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
>>>
>>> Lin Sun <linsun.unc@gmail.com> wrote閿涳拷
>>> Hi there, you can look at the jms and mdb sample that comes w/
>>> geronimo 1.1 doc - http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/jms-and-mdb-
>>> sample-application.html. Also I think the daytrader sample also
>>> uses the resource-ref and message-destination-ref you mentioned.

>>> javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory
>>> Container
>>> Shareable
>>>

>>> jms/myQueue
>>> javax.jms.Queue
>>> Produces
>>> myQueue
>>>

>>> falom
>>>
>>> Lin Sun wrote閿涳拷
>>> Hi there, I haven't tried to configure this myself but wonder if
>>> you can fix this by creating a Geronimo-web.xml for the axis2 war
>>> file. In the Geronimo-web.xml file, you can specify the activemq
>>> broker as the dependency of the axis2 war to request the
>>> classloder to make the activemq broker avail for the axis2 war.
>>>
>>> HTH Lin

>>> org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory, but same