geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Development Setup for Apache Geronimo
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:00:25 GMT
Simon,  If you're looking for an easy way to move applications from
one application server to another then I encourage you to look into
using Geronimo's plugin feature. To try this out point your browser at
the administration console on the target machine and start the plugins
portlet.  Next click the "Add repository" link, enter
http://source-machines-hostname:8080/console-standard/maven-repo/
and then click the "Add repository" button.

Then back on the initial portlet screen select that new entry from the
repository list, enter the Geronimo system username and password for
the source machine (default is system/manager), and click the "Search
for Plugins" button.  You should see a list of all the configurations
that can be imported from the source machine to the target machine.
You can also use Geronimo's command line interface (deploy.sh) to
browse and install plugins

The advantage of taking this approach is that it allows you to inspect
what configurations are already deployed in a server and selectively
choose which you want to import.  And the import process automatically
imports a configuration's dependencies.  If this approach proves to be
useful to you then we'd like to hear your feedback.

Best wishes,
Paul