geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Davidson" <trdavid...@gmail.com>
Subject EAR fails to deploy library JARs
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:57:28 GMT
I am a newbie to Geronimo, I have an EAR file which I have
successfully managed to deploy to JBoss and Glassfish, I am now trying
to deploy it to Geronimo however when it deploys it fails saying
Deployment failed:

-----------------
Module was not an application client: dom4j.jar
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Module was not an
application client: dom4j.jar
        at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.addModules(EARConfigBuilder.java:771)
        at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(EARConfigBuilder.java:362)
-----------------

my application.xml is as follows:
-----------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
                http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd"
              version="1.4">
        <display-name>MyProject</display-name>
        <module>
                <web>
                        <web-uri>MyProject.war</web-uri>
                        <context-root>/MyProject</context-root>
                </web>
        </module>
        <module>
                <java>dom4j.jar</java>
        </module>
-----------------

whatever jar file I reference in the <java> element it says the same
thing, the contents of my EAR file are as follows:

EAR

   - META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
   - META-INF/application.xml
   - dom4j.jar
   - MyProject.war

dom4j.jar is a third party library required for my application, why am
I getting this error? I have debugged this and it appears that if the
<module> is type <java> then AppClientModuleBuilder is used and this
requires the jar to contain an application-client.xml, otherwise it
will fail, is this a bug or how are you supposed to specify library
jars contained with an EAR?

many thanks

Tim.