geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.2beta doesn't start, too
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:41:30 GMT

On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:

> Hi Dirk
>
> You probably encounter this problem due to the fact that you are
> running it on java 1.6 (jdk6).
> Try running it on java 1.5 (jdk5) instead it worked fine for me.
>
> As far as I know ( correct me if I am wrong, I am not part of the G
> development teem ) Geronimo  1.2 on the Java 5 Virtual Machine
> and Geronimo 2.0 is to be certified on Java EE 5 and are therefor
> probably targeted to run on jdk5.

The target runtime is Java 5. However, we'd certainly expect that
Geronimo would run on Java 6.

I think we've seen this problem before... Oh yeah. It was a problem
related to geronimo.sh/bat:

http://www.nabble.com/Error-trying-to-start-fresh-trunk-build-%
2810-27-2006%29-tf2522436.html#a7037555

Dirk,
Double check your JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME setting. My guess is it's not
pointing to your java 6 installation...

From

17:35:56,267 INFO  [root]   System property [java.endorsed.dirs]  = /
usr/lib/java/lib/endorsed:/opt/geronimo/lib/endorsed

it looks like JRE_HOME is set to /usr/lib/java. However, you're
running java out of /usr/lib/jdk1.6.0/jre

If that doesn't fix your problem, try running Geronimo as follows?
It's not the recommended method for starting Geronimo, but I bet it
will work...

     java -jar <geronimo-bin-directory>/server.jar

Alternatively, you could try:

     export JAVA_OPTS=-enableassertions
     geronimo.sh run

--kevan