geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Accessing EJB via JNDI from a web application
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:43:10 GMT

On Jan 24, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:

> So it seems there's a problem with the code in the EjbBindings.java
> file.
> Specifically, the GBeanInfoBuilder object that is created in the
> static
> initializer does not define the "homeContext" and "localHomeContext"
> attributes that are used in the constructor.  I change the static
> initializer to the following, and rebuilt the global-jndi-plugin,
> and now I
> don't get that constructor initialization error:
>
>     static {
>         GBeanInfoBuilder builder =
> GBeanInfoBuilder.createStatic(EjbBindings.class, "EjbBindings");
>         builder.addAttribute("homeContext", String.class, true, true);
>         builder.addAttribute("localHomeContext", String.class,
> true, true);
>         builder.setConstructor(new String[]{"kernel", "homeContext",
> "localHomeContext"});
>         GBEAN_INFO = builder.getBeanInfo();
>     }
>

> However, now I get another error when the GBean is attempted to be
> deployed:
>
> ERROR [KernelContextGBean] Error adding binding for
> Mxi/Maintenix/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Maintenix/1/
> ear,j2eeType=EjbBindings,name=EjbBindings
>
> It's hard to decipher what this error means.  I noticed that
> there's been
> no work done to the Global JNDI plugin since September 29th, 2006.
> Is this
> piece not yet ready to be used?

Well, it's not part of anything that's in line to be released, but
Dain had it working at one point and I don't know of any changes
likely to break it.  However apparently there has been something that
broke it.

I suspect a different solution may be more appropriate for the
openejb3 integration but I have no idea what at this point.

If you can figure out any more info on what is going wrong here we
might be able to fix this...

thanks
david jencks