geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Configuring if JAX-WS or JAX-RPC based
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:49:37 GMT
Hi, I just looked at JSR 109 too per your concern.  Seems we should use the
value of the XML namespace(xmlns) defined in webservices.xml to determine if
this is JAX-RPC or not.  For example, if it has:

<webservices xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" version="1.1">

Then it is JAX-RPC.

If it has:

<webservices xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" ... version="1.2"

Then it is JAX-WS.

Thoughts?

Lin
From: Bharath Ganesh [mailto:bharathganesh@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:19 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Configuring if JAX-WS or JAX-RPC based

Hi
I was just trying out some JSR 109(Webservcies for Java EE 1.2)  web
servcies. I wanted to know if there is a standard way be means of which I
can tell the container whether my EJB/ Java class exposed as a web service
is a JAX-WS webservice or a JAX-RPC webservice.
Obviously if my module did not have a webservices.xml it means my web
service has to be JAX-WS based. But think of the case when I have the
deployment descriptor to override the annotations. In such a case how can
the container decide whether to use jax-rpc or jax-ws?
Also the spec says if the webservices.xml has a jaxrpc-mapping-file defined,
it would ignore this file for JAX-WS webservices, which is correct. So the
presence/absence of JAX-RPC mapping file does not seem to be the criteria
for determing if its JAX-WS/JAX-RPC.
So what else is the criteria?

Thanks
Bharath