On Dec 10, 2006, at 6:34 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

You should be able to package the jars directly inside the ear and the in the WAR's manifest add an entry to the jars in needs as a classpath entry.

Yes, but as Joel mentions this results in each war getting a separate copy of the classes he wants to share.  The only way I know to avoid this is to use a dummy ejb jar.

thanks
david jencks