geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ray Hurst <rhur...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo Eception Report - How do I fix unresolved uri:http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:00:17 GMT
Joe,
Correction, Geronimo 1.1.1.
By the way, I have ascertained that the repository holds the libraries. 
Is this correct? Is it that simple if I just add the Jakarta directory 
to the repository and all of this goes away?
Ray

Joe Bohn wrote:
> Ray,
> 
> Yes, that will work.  However, for Java EE 5 compliance JSTL 1.2 must be 
> supported by the server and would not need to be included in your web 
> app.  We've made a start at Java EE 5 in preparation for Geronimo 2.0. 
> The work is currently only included in trunk but will soon be delivered 
> as milestone 1 of Geronimo 2.0.   If you were using trunk and hit this 
> problem then it would appear that Geronimo has a problem.  I'm hoping 
> that you were doing this on Geronimo 1.* ... am I correct?
> 
> Regards,
> Joe
> 
> 
> 
> Ray Hurst wrote:
>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>
>>> Ray,
>>>
>>> What release of Geronimo were you using (and which web container)?
>>>
>>> What were you doing when you hit this problem?  Was it from the 
>>> Geronimo Web Console or one of your own applications?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe
>>>
>>>
>>> Ray Hurst wrote:
>>>
>>>> HTTP Status 500 -
>>>>
>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>
>>>>
>>>> type Exception report
>>>>
>>>> message
>>>>
>>>> description The server encountered an internal error () that 
>>>> prevented it from fulfilling this request.
>>>>
>>>> exception
>>>>
>>>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri: 
>>>> http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in either 
>>>> web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:50)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:114)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:316)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:147)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:423)
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:492)
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1552)
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:126)
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:211)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:100)

>>>>
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:155)
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:295)
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)

>>>>
>>>>     
>>>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

>>>>
>>>>     org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>>>>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the 
>>>> Apache Tomcat/5.5.15 logs.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Apache Tomcat/5.5.15
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>> Thanks for replying. I found an article on JSTL and Tomcat and I fixed 
>> it by including jstl.jar and standard.jar into my web app.
>>
>>
>>
> 


Mime
View raw message