geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "problems mail" <problems.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change context for welcome screen to /welcome
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:12:05 GMT
Never mind  - missed the line in the docs:

*java -jar deployer.jar <general_options> deploy --inPlace <app_home>*
for deploying a directory.

The only question that would remain unanswered is how can I redeploy the
welcome application to /welcome. Change the context root for the app which
is deployed as a plugin.

Not for frustration, but if I am able to get this to work. I can have
plugins redeployed with different context root specified at the specific
servers. Since in the plugin the config is binary, the only options that I
saw was config-xml-content which is not clear.

BTW, this is been fun the last week or two since we have been switching to
Geronimo and learning the new app.

Thanks everyone :)

--
Regards,
Simon

On 12/29/06, problems mail <problems.mail@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I found the geronimo-plugin.xml(/usr/local/geronimo/repository/geronimo/welcome-tomcat/1.1.1/welcome-
> tomcat-1.1.1.car/META-INF/), so this was installed as a plugin. Makes
> sense :).
>
> I think I should be able to install my application as a plugin as well.
>
> Any comments ?? - please advice.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Simon
>
>  On 12/29/06, problems mail <problems.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Vamsi,
> >
> > When the build is done for the geronimo app, does ant/maven not use this
> > to deploy the application (is this stored in svn ?) ?
> >
> > Also, if I wanted to change the context-root for the welcome app how can
> > I go about doing this, since I do not have a plan.
> >
> > I also have a different application which I would like to deploy and it
> > is exploded as a directory, how do go about deploying that app ?
> >
> > Thanx for the reply.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Simon
> >
> >  On 12/29/06, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > deployment plans (geronimo-web.xml, geronimo-application.xml, etc.)
> > > are not stored anywhere.  Even if a deployment plan is available in the
> > > archive (under WEB-INF in case of geronimo-web.xml), it is not
> > > necessary that the same is used for deployment.  An external deployment plan
> > > may have been used at the time of deployment.
> > >
> > > --vamsi

and

--
Regards,