geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Vinita Joshi" <vjo...@etouch.net>
Subject Issue when deploying web application built using Maven 2 on Geronimo
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 01:39:01 GMT
Hi,

I am a new Geronimo user. When trying to deploy the web application which is
built using Maven 2.0 onto Geronimo 1.1, I get the error about parsing
application.xml. This file is being generated by Maven. I am not sure what
is the issue here? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinita

My applications's pom.xml file is as follows -

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <groupId>com.paybytouch.trueme</groupId>

  <artifactId>wellington</artifactId>

  <packaging>war</packaging>

  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

  <name>wellington Maven Webapp</name>

  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>

  <dependencies>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>junit</groupId>

      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>

      <version>3.8.1</version>

      <scope>test</scope>

    </dependency>

  </dependencies>

  <build>

    <finalName>wellington</finalName>

  </build>

</project>

Application.xml (generated by Maven) :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC

            "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN"

            "http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd">

<application>

  <display-name>wellington</display-name>

</application>

I am getting the following error when the war file is installed on Geronimo
using server console.

Could not parse application.xml
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not parse
application.xml
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(EARConfigBui
lder.java:316)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan(EARCo
nfigBuilder.java:263)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e5
6ec6.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker
.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:
122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:81
7)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvo
ker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMetho
dInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$895aa8
3f.getDeploymentPlan(<generated>)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:232)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<
generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker
.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:
122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:85
2)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(A
bstractDeployCommand.java:106)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(Distribute
Command.java:60)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor:
[error: cvc-complex-type.2.4c: Expected element
'module@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee' before the end of the content in
element application@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee]
Descriptor: <application
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2eehttp://java.sun.com/xml/n
s/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd" version="1.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee">
  <display-name>wellington</display-name>
</application>
        at
org.apache.geronimo.schema.SchemaConversionUtils.validateDD(SchemaConversion
Utils.java:605)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.schema.SchemaConversionUtils.convertToApplicationSchema(
SchemaConversionUtils.java:105)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(EARConfigBui
lder.java:314)
        ... 21 more