geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Declaring dependencies with an EAR to other modules
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:36:37 GMT

Hi,

I am confused regarding how to declare a dependency that my GBean has on a
datasource
 Connector, where both components are declared in my
geronimo-application.xml.

Here is my geronimo-application.xml:

----
<geronimo:application
   xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"
   xmlns:geronimo="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"

   xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
   application-name="Maintenix">
      <sys:environment>
            <sys:moduleId>
                  <sys:groupId>Mxi</sys:groupId>
                  <sys:artifactId>Maintenix</sys:artifactId>
            </sys:moduleId>
            <sys:dependencies>
                  <sys:dependency>
                        <sys:groupId>geronimo</sys:groupId>
                        <sys:artifactId>j2ee-security</sys:artifactId>
                        <sys:type>car</sys:type>
                  </sys:dependency>
            </sys:dependencies>
      </sys:environment>
      <geronimo:module>
            <connector>tranql-connector-1.2.rar</connector>
            <alt-dd>maintenix-ds.xml</alt-dd>
      </geronimo:module>
      <geronimo:module>
            <connector>tranql-connector-oracle-xa-1.1.rar</connector>
            <alt-dd>maintenix-xa-ds.xml</alt-dd>
      </geronimo:module>
      <geronimo:module>
            <connector>ge-activemq-rar-1.1.1.rar</connector>
            <alt-dd>maintenix-jms-dest.xml</alt-dd>
      </geronimo:module>
    <sys:gbean name="TreeCacheService"
class="com.mxi.mx.common.geronimo.gbean.TreeCacheService">
    </sys:gbean>
</geronimo:application>
----

I also have some EJBs that are declared in my application.xml, but not in
this
geronimo-application.xml.

My "TreeCacheService" GBean that is declared at the end has a dependency on
 the "tranql-connector-1.2.rar" that is declared towards the top.  The
"tranql-connector-1.2.rar" has an DD plan (maintenix-ds.xml) that is
described as follows:

----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.1">
    <sys:environment
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
            <sys:moduleId>

<sys:artifactId>com.mxi.mx.jdbc.Maintenix</sys:artifactId>
            </sys:moduleId>
        <sys:dependencies>
            <sys:dependency>
                <sys:groupId>oracle</sys:groupId>
                <sys:artifactId>oracle</sys:artifactId>
                <sys:version>10</sys:version>
                <sys:type>jar</sys:type>
            </sys:dependency>
        </sys:dependencies>
    </sys:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
</connector>
----

I've tried declaring different dependencies within my GBean but to no
avail.
Creating a dependency on a completely separate module in the Geronimo
repository
seems easy enough, but I'm not sure how to declare a dependency on another
module (the connector RAR) when it is declared within the same EAR file.

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *