geronimo-user mailing list archives

From alien.q...@kodak.com
Subject mask for allowHosts attribute of openEJB
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:10:25 GMT
I know that, to add remote authentication, I should add a allowHosts
attribute in the config.xml.
And the mask for a quad in an IP address is 0.  It made me confused in
some situation.  Say I want to allow all the hosts with IP address like
192.168.0.*.  So,  the mask should be <attribute
name="allowHosts">192.168.0.0</attribute>.  But my understanding is, to
config this way, all the hosts like 192.168.*.* will be allowed.  That may
cause some security issue.

Is my understanding right? Could some one elaborate the mechanism of  the
mask for allowHosts attribute?