geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Spotts, Joel \(ISS Atlanta\)" <jspo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Third party jars inside ear files
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:46:07 GMT

> Do you get an error if you don't list any EJBs at all?  It looks like
> that technically violates the schema, but it's worth a try.

I did not try it, because as you mention, it does violate the schema.

> Otherwise, can you post your dummy bean implementation class?  Perhaps
> it's missing one of the required methods like ejbCreate?

Turns out I was missing a "create" function declaration in my LocalHome
interface. That solved the error.

> In any case, it would be extremely sensible for us to add an element
> to the EAR deployment plan to let you list JARs within the EAR to add
> to the EAR class path.  David J, what do you think?

That would be wonderful. Any of the suggestions posted sound great. I
especially like the idea of using the j2ee 5 convention of a default
library. I am rather surprised there has been no such convention until
now -- they seem to have figured that out for servlets a long time ago.

In any event, thanks all for the help and responses, and if we get one
the solutions for an embedded jar, bravo! Also, thank you Aaron for your
online geronimo book -- it has been a tremendous help.

Yoel Spotts