geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Spotts, Joel \(ISS Atlanta\)" <jspo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Third party jars inside ear files
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 20:10:05 GMT
I have a number of third party jars I want to include inside an ear. I
would like all my web applications to have access those jars. I realize
that I can list those jars inside the manifest files of the wars (using
the Class path directive), but that would mean that each war would load
those jars in different class loaders. Is there a way I can designate
that those jars I include in the ear should be available to the wars
loaded by the class loader of the ear (such that the same class loader
would load the jars for all wars inside that ear)? I have not found a
way to configure that in the geronimo-application.xml. The closest
directive I found is the dependency directive, but it seems like you can
only load jars external to the ear (placed in the repository as separate
compenents), but not for jars included in the ears?

Thanks,

Yoel Spotts