geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dhananjay Prasanna" <>
Subject RE: cglib issue
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 01:31:29 GMT

Hi Netta

No I did not get a response (though I have since unsubscribed from the
list). However there are a couple of solutions:

-          Replace geronimo's cglib with your version

-          Fall back to geronimo's version of cglib (remove it from your
WEB-INF/lib). This only works if the geronimo version supports all your

Neither is ideal and both can have unpredictable/non-deterministic
behavior. The reason for this is that cglib is used heavily in the Gbean
container framework (apparently even for synthetic classes that describe

Unfortunately, until the geronimo team fixes this issue by either
creating better classloader isolation (as should have been the case), or
removes the use of cglib from the offending areas, there is no real fix.
The only option I can think of other that switching to another appserver
is to use bytecode instrumentation mode in hibernate (rather than class
proxying). Assuming your problem is hibernate...(and assuming that
hibernate doesn't rely on cglib for that too!)