geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Pavel Maximov" <pavel.maxi...@returnpath.net>
Subject RE: Creating a mail session
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:04:35 GMT
Saw this email.

I'm trying to create a system-wide cluster config as a deployable module
and then reference it from geronimo-web.xml

The deployment descriptor below - should it be packaged as an ejb-jar?
And do you deploy it as an application or as a common-lib?

Thank you,
--Pavel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Perham [mailto:mperham@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:16 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Creating a mail session

Thanks, all.  The following plan will create a system-wide mail session.
In your J2EE module, you just need to declare a dependency on it.

<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <environment>
    <moduleId>
        <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
        <artifactId>MailSession</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
    </moduleId>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
        <artifactId>javamail</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
        <artifactId>geronimo-mail</artifactId>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
        <artifactId>geronimo-javamail-transport</artifactId>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
  </environment>

  <gbean name="MailSession" class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.MailGBean">
    <attribute name="transportProtocol">smtp</attribute>
    <attribute name="useDefault">false</attribute>
    <attribute name="host">mailserver</attribute>
    <attribute name="properties">
      mail.debug=false
      mail.smtp.port=25
    </attribute>