geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Third party jars inside ear files
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 00:00:06 GMT
The only think I know of that you can do is to include a dummy ejb
jar file with no ejbs in it and put your libs in it's manifest
classpath.  It will need a skeleton ejb-jar.xml descriptor so it can
get deployed correctly.

You are correct that the dependency elements only refer jars outside
the ear in the geronimo repository.  The other thing you could do is
to put the jars in the geronimo repo and use dependency elements.
This is fairly easy if you use maven... .but still not as easy as it
should be.

hope this helps
david jencks