geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Custom EJB Security
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:14:10 GMT
We should move this to the dev list :-)

Sorry for the delay, I wrote up some info on JACC at http://
cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDEV/JACC+Guide

I'll try to work on it some more and see if I can figure out how to
link it from the dev wiki page.

I don't know of much other info about JACC except the spec which is
IMO a bit confusing about who does what.

On Dec 2, 2006, at 9:40 PM, Diego L Espiñeira wrote:

> I guess I have to implement/extend the following interfaces/classes
> - org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SecurityBuilder
> - javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfiguration
> - javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfigurationFactory
> - java.security.Principal
>
> Is that right? Just what you did with all that TripleSec stuff, right?
> Well, now I need to know how this classes are suppose to fit together.
> I need any explanation i.e. "class A calls B when C happens", etc.

I think you might want to try extending the geronimo default
provider, I think you will have less to do.

> When the authorization info gets updated?
> How do I make the "SecurityProxy" read additional configuration
> such as
> where to get the permissions and roles from (DBMS, XML, webservice,
> etc).

After thinking about this for just a few minutes, I think I'd go
about this like so:

1. use java 5 :-)

2. Modify PolicyConfigurationGeneric to include a map <Class,
PermissionsHandler>, and if the regular check passes, confinue by
looking for a handler for the class of the permission, and asking the
handler as well.  So we'd have something like

interface PermissionsHandler {
  boolean  implies(Permission permission, Principal[] principals);
}

The permissionsHandler can look for the ejb object, method args, etc
from PolicyContext itself.  (PermissionsHandler is probably a really
bad name)

3. Write a GBean to configure and install a PermissionsHandler into a
PolicyConfigurationGeneric for a  specific policyContextID.  This
GBean can configure the PermissionsHandler any way it wants.

4. Modify the GeronimoSecurityBuilderImpl to install instances of
your gbeans based on xml in a modified geronimo-security-1.2.xsd

I think my proposed PermissionsHandler can do anything the jboss
SecurityProxy can do, although it is going to use the
EJBMethodPermission.getActions() string to index which method is
involved rather than the Method object itself.

I might have left out a lot of essential functionality, so this might
not actually work :-).  It might be a starting point though.

Please keep in touch with your progress, and keep asking questions!

thanks
david jencks