geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Issues Starting Geronimo
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:28:54 GMT
Why don't you try taking down the firewall on the machine entirely,
and see what happens.  Geronimo listens on many ports, and 1099 for
RMI Naming is a pretty important one -- at least for connections from
your local machine (it doesn't need to be exposed to remote clients).
If the startup goes faster with the firewall down, you probably need
to add a rule to allow traffic from the machine to itself on port
1099.

Thanks,
      Aaron

On 12/15/06, problems mail <problems.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> I have tried that and it is hanging, what do you get when u do that ??
>
> [root@rly local]# telnet rly.rmp.com 1099
> Trying 192.168.1.110...
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>

> On 12/15/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> > Once Geronimo is running, can you log into the machine and "telnet
> > rly.rmp.com 1099" and see if you get a response?  If not, that might
> > be the cause of the timeout.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >      Aaron
> >
> > On 12/14/06, problems mail <problems.mail@gmail.com > wrote:
> > > All,
> > >
> > > I am not seeing anything strange in the logs, but why does it take so
> much
> > > time to start up the server over 209 seconds even if nothing is running
> on
> > > the server. or does it take that much time to startup the server.
> > >
> > > I looked at the Geronimo logs and did not find anything. As I said
> earlier
> > > it gets stuck at 16%. Even while shutdown it takes almost 3 minutes.
> > >
> > > I need to move this into a production environment please advice.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Simon

> for
> > > >

> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/quick-start-apache-geronimo-for-the-impatient.html

> something

> run

> Connector

> geronimo/servlets-examples-tomcat/1.1.1/car

> localhost

> actual IP

> having
> (is