geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo User" <geronimou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to detect a file changed in an exploded web app.
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:41:42 GMT

> I can think of 2 things to try:
>
> 1. try deploying "offline"

Hello David:

I deployed my-app using this as suggested:

deploy.bat --user system --password manager --offline deploy --inPlace
<app path>

It did seem to deploy correctly in Geronimo 1.1.1 when Geronimo was not running.

Then I had to  do this:

deploy.bat --user system --password manager --offline start my-app
... Started  com.mycompany/my-app/2.9/war

The "start"  command is necessary because otherwise when I start  Geronimo,
the application itself is in a "Stopped" state and can't be used.
I found it interesting that I could start something in offline mode; I
didn't expect
that to work.

After both of  the above commands, when I start Geronimo, everything
with respect  to this is fine.

I think this may be the solution to our issues; our installer can deploy
this .war app in this way and this functionality will work as it should.

I will let you know if not ;-) and Hernan and David thanks for all your help.

I would not have been able to decode the usefulness of --inPlace and
--offline otherwise.