geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo User" <geronimou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to detect a file changed in an exploded web app.
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:55:05 GMT

> Have you tried to deploy with the --inPlace option. It would be some thing
> like this
>
> java -jar deployer.jar --user system --password manager deploy --inPlace
> <app_home>
>
> and point <app_home> to your exploded app dir.
>
> HTH

 Hernan:

Thanks, deploying the application with the --inPlace option did solve my
problem.

I can now fetch the XML files using
http://localhost:8080/context-root/xml/MyFile.xml
and because the application is not deployed in the "deploy" directory,
Geronimo does not constantly redeploy it.

However, my co-worker has given me another challenge.

We need to deploy this exploded .war in an installer application, and we
cannot run
Geronimo's deploy.bat or java -jar deployer.jar, because at the time the
customer
runs our installer, Geronimo is not running. (Our installer also installs
Geronimo.)

Is there an option we can put in some Geronimo configuration file, in the
app or out of it,
so the installer can:
1. Explode this .war file somewhere on disk.
2. Have Geronimo know that this application has been "deployed in place."

Thanks!