geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Bloomfield Ramagem" <daniel.rama...@gmail.com>
Subject Specifying SNAPSHOT Versions of Modules
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:58:03 GMT
I've got a Module A that depends on version 1.0 of Module B.  Module B is in
version 1.0 and has been deployed to the server.  Everything works fine (A
deploys fine).  But then I make a change to B and want to *keep* the
1.0version number.  I redeploy B to the server but then A is stopped
by the
deployment process. I must now manually start A back up.

I tried using the Maven SNAPSHOT tag in the "version" tag in both the
deployment plans of A and B:

Module A:
<dependency>
  <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
  <artifactId>moduleB</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

Module B:
<environment>
  <moduleId>
    <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
    <artifactId>moduleB</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </moduleId>
</environment>

This made no difference.  Redeploying B stops A, which needs to be manually
started again.

Any hints on how I could get A to restart automatically when the same
version (or a development version) of a dependent module is being updated?

Thanks,

Daniel.