geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Module startup order?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:12:58 GMT

On Dec 14, 2006, at 7:14 AM, Mike Perham wrote:

> Is there a way to control the order in which modules start up?  jboss
> does it alphabetically and WebSphere allows a proprietary weight to be
> given to modules to determine startup order.  We have a very specific
> need for a web module to start before an ejb module.  Any suggestions
> on how to do this?

In an ear, you can't.  We go to a lot of trouble to make sure all
ejbs are started before any wars so that if you need to look up an
ejb in a servlet init method you can.

If the apps are packaged separately, you can make the ejb app depend
on the web app and the web app will be started first.

Out of curiousity, why do you need to start the web app first?

thanks
david jencks