geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Liferay 4.2.0 and Geronimo 1.1.1
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:23:34 GMT
My JAVA_OPTS is fine.

I decided to try out the MySql setup using liferay-portal-4.2.0.war,
liferay-portal-sql-4.2.0.zip,
liferay-portal-dependencies-4.2.0.zip and roughly following the 4.0
install doc
http://content.liferay.com/4.0.0/docs/install/ch01s01.html

After modifying the geronomo-web.xml file to match my database pool
settings i manage to load liferay into geronomo
but when starting it i get the following error.

ERROR [[/liferay]] Error configuring application listener of class
com.liferay.portal.servlet.PortalSessionListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/liferay/portal/PortalException
   :

and yes looking in the portal-kernel-2.4.jar (and the other dependency
jars) checking for the com.liferay.portal.servlet path
it dose not exist, without looking at the source code the closest you
get to the package path is com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet

It seems that ether the web.xml file or the portal-kernel-2.4.jar file
has been packed wrongly.

Dose anyone familiar with Liferay know whats going on?

As I mentioned i modified the geronimo-web.xml file a bit as it assumed
a dependency (and context root) as follows
<dependency>
   <groupId>liferay</groupId>
   <artifactId>liferay-pool</artifactId>
   <type>car</type>
</dependency>

<context-root>/</context-root>

to the following using the geronimo database pool wizard to set up the
mysql pool and changing the context root to /liferay so that it would
not clash with the welcome app.

<dependency>
   <groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
   <artifactId>LiferayPool</artifactId>
   <type>rar</type>
</dependency>

<context-root>/liferay</context-root>

This worked find and geronimo accepted the plan and deployed the liferay
app.
Assuming I get hold of the right dependancy jar:s (or already have them)
should they maybe be set up as dependency:s in the geronimo-web.xml file
to make sure the classes get loaded?

/Peter

Kevan Miller skrev:

> On Dec 14, 2006, at 3:40 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> Well I found a 4.0 install doc
>> http://content.liferay.com/4.0.0/docs/install/ch01s01.html about
>> installing in Geronimo 1.1 using a MySql database i will try follow
>> that guide when i get the time but feel free to point me to more of
>> this stuff.
>>
>> /Peter
>>
>> Peter Petersson skrev:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Liferay 4.1.0 just got public ;) (yesterday) but I'm having problem
>>> getting it running in Geronimo 1.1.1. I have tried both the
>>> liferay-portal-geronimo-tomcat-4.2.0.car plugin (with the dbpool
>>> liferay-portal-geronimo-derby-pool-4.2.0.car) and the Liferay Portal
>>> Enterprise 4.2.0 (Bundled with Geronimo+Tomcat)
>>>
>>> Using:
>>> java version "1.5.0_06" with Ubuntu Linux on a amd64 with 1G memory.
>>> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
>>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)
>>>
>>> I get
>>> 18:32:54,909 INFO  [DynamicDialect] Determining dialect for Apache
>>> Derby 10
>>> 18:32:54,944 INFO  [DynamicDialect] Using dialect
>>> org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect
>>> 18:33:04,093 INFO  [HotDeployUtil] Initializing hot deploy manager
>>> 1614911248
>>> 18:33:04,128 INFO  [ServerDetector] Detected server geronimo