geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Meade <dennisme...@bluebottle.com>
Subject Re: Can Geronimo be used in a standalone mode?
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:26:34 GMT

Interestingly enough, just after I read this, I found an article in the
stuff I've downloaded about Geronimo that describes how to use PHP in
Geronimo.  The article is called "Run PHP applications in Apache
Geronimo". It's at developerWorks at IBM.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/
Ray Hurst wrote:
> So it can be used in standalone mode...great. I have been using it as a
> localhost for a couple of days now.
> How do I get it to respond to the outside world?
>
> In other words, I want to be able to type in the IP address given to me
> by my ISP and have Geronimo respond.
> --ray
>
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> No, you do not need Apache HTTPD, you can use the webcontainer that
>> comes in Geronimo (either Tomcat or Jetty depending on which
>> distribution you pick).  If you want you can setup an AJP connector
>> from the webcontainer in Geronimo to allow an Apache HTTPD to
>> integration with Geronimo seamlessly.  This is handy if you have other
>> apps that you need to run that are in PHP (or something) and want to
>> present your users with a single URL to access both (otherwise you'd
>> need 2 urls, one for HTTPD and one for Geronimo).
>>
>> HTTPD also makes a nice SSL accelerator for use with Geronimo
>> applications, so you can configure HTTPD to use SSL, setup AJP to
>> connect up Geronimo, and then block off all other ports to Geronimo so
>> that the site is more secure.
>>
>> --jason
>>

>> On Dec 19, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Ray Hurst wrote:
>>
>>> Can Geronimo be the web server or does it need be a back end to Apache?
>>> Are there docs that explain the advantages and disadvantages?
>>> I am an extreme newbie?
>>> Ray

Refinance and Save with QuickApply
No credit checks. 30 second application. Saving 1% could equal $75,000
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/BgLEQfI70YdO7ZqVOoeujv2EVFGtURXtmhxc/