geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using @Resource in servlet
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:49:25 GMT
Not all of the annotations that can appear in a webapp have a 1:1
correspondence with the DD but some do. The rationale behind merging
the annotation into the DD is to support the management APIs which can
ask for a deployed object's DD which should include its annotations.
This was discussed a while back on dev http://tinyurl.com/y968n9
Merging the annotations before deployment seemed like an easy way to
provide that but that may not work.

But the more I think about it the more I think it makes sense to
implement support for @Resource (at least) in the naming builder as
David suggested.   We should fully hash out this discussion on dev.
(as I type this message my email notifier just showed me that
discussion has already started :-)

Best wishes,
Paul