geronimo-user mailing list archives

From m...@aufdencamp.com
Subject Realm Authentication
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:17:47 GMT
Hi All,  Thanks for the previous help.  I was able to successfully
create a JDBC Realm using MySQL, construct a small test app, and deploy
it to geronimo.  I had a few issues with my geronimo-web.xml, but
eventually figured it out:)

I have a few additional questions which are more development than
container related.

1. How would one programmatically authenticate a user within a Realm?
For instance, if one had a main menu logon page and wanted to
programmatically authenticate the user so that later traversal into a
realm protected resource would not require an additional authentication
dialog from the containers declarative security.

2. Does anyone have a methodology to succesfully integrated httpd server
and geronimo server authentication?  mod_auth_mysql can be used in the
httpd server with the same database of users and roles that are
utilized in a JDBC Security Realm.  Can the mod_jk be configured in any
manner to pass through user identities that have been authenticated in
the httpd server?  Will the httpd server place the user id and role
information in the http metadata to be extracted progamatically and
utilized by the answer to Q1?

Just a few musings on single sign-on:)

Thanks to all in advance!

Mark Aufdencamp