geronimo-user mailing list archives

From m...@aufdencamp.com
Subject JDBC Realms and geronimo-web.xml
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:23:38 GMT
Hi All.  A relatively novice geronimo user here.  i'm woking on using a
security realm to define access in a web application. I've successfully
installed geronimo (tomcat web container), configured a database pool to
a MySQL database, and configured a JDBC Realm to the databse pool that
succesfully authenticated at the completion of the security realm
wizard.

I have my Security Roles and Constraints along with the Login-Config
defined in my web.xml.  I'm kind of lost on how the app roles defined
in the web.xml and the roles defined in the user role table get tied
together in the geronimo-web.xml.  Can someone point me to a
tutorial/documentation on this?  I've looked in the geronimo
docmentation without success.  Also, I've been following the IBM
DeveloperWorks articles on this, but they don't cover this aspect.

Additionally, what's the appropriate method to turn on password digest
hashing when using the JDBC Realm wizard?  I presume that a
configuration option property like digest=MD5 might work?

Thanks to all!  I'm really enjoying working with Geronimo.

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com