geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Moser" <...@zurich.ibm.com>
Subject PLEASE: where does one specify additional libraries?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:26:17 GMT
I am trying since days to get an application running on Geronimo. This
application - big deal one would think - is using the axis library. When
I try to start it I always get the following error:

-----------------

Generated servlet error:
The type org.apache.axis.AxisFault cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files

	org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:409)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
	org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

So - apparently - the axis.jar (the one that contains the class
org.apache.axis.AxisFault) is not on the classpath when the JSPs are
compiled. Where does one specify these libraries so that compilation
succeeds? The geronimo docs are suspiciously silent on this? Is this
such an obvious thing? Not for me, I have to admit...

Michael