geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Moser" <...@zurich.ibm.com>
Subject What is needed, so that deployed apps can find axis.jar?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:31:42 GMT
Using eclipse & WST I am trying to run a test-client for another web
service on geronimo 1.1.

As a first step I am using a very trivial WSDL file describing a single
operation (which takes 2 strings and returns one string) and triggered
the full "create client" process.
Creation, assembling, deploying and installing work all fine, but when
the test client is finally started on geronimo 1.1 I get the below error
message.

------------------------------------
type Exception report
message
it from fulfilling this request.
exception

Generated servlet error:
The type org.apache.axis.AxisFault cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files

 org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84) org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:409) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)note The full stack trace of the
root cause is available in the ApacheTomcat/5.5.15 logs.Apache Tomcat/5.5.15------------------------------------Geronimo
comes with axis 1.4 pre-installed (just found
  it in therepository) which also contains the missing class (I just checked).So, what do
I have to do or specify, so that a newly installedapplication will find that .jar?Do I have
to put a copy of that axis.jar into the lib or endorseddirectory?Michael