geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Arunanthisivam Vimalathithen" <vimalathit...@gmail.com>
Subject Rollbacks at database level throws exception in Geronimo
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:54:55 GMT
Hi,

I am sending this mail again as no one has answered my previous mail, I am
restating the problem I am facing and also have attached a sample to
recreate the problem.

I have a stateless session EJB which accesses a DB2 datasource created using
the tranql generic connector. This uses the container managed transaction. I
am also using the DB2 9.1 universal JDBC drivers. For methods dealing with
datasource related operations I have set sessionContext.setRollBackOnly()
within the catch block of SQLException.This throws exceptions when there
have to be rollbacks at the database level. For example trying to insert a
duplicate record throws the following exception:-
com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: [ibm][db2][jcc][10114][10307] Invalid
operation: Explicit COMMIT or ROLLBACK is not allowed when in auto-commit
mode. I have created an example to illustrate this and have attached the
source with this mail.

I think this is something related to Tranql. Is there any way to turn auto
commit off? Can anyone please suggest a way around this? I have stuck with
this for some time now.

Thanks and regards,

Vimalan