geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Creating a mail session
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:00:37 GMT

On Nov 27, 2006, at 7:36 AM, Mike Perham wrote:

> I've spent the last few days trying to figure out how to create an
> system-wide javamail Session for application email usage.
>
> I updated the javamail module in config.xml to point to my SMTP server
> but can't find any documentation on how to create a session based on
> that config.  If someone has a working mail session, could you reply
> with your plan?  I'm using WAS CE 1.1.0.1.

I don't have an example, but the steps should be:

- add the javamail module as a dependency to your j2ee app
- use a resource-ref in your j2ee app of type javax.mail.Session.  If
you name the resource-ref "mail/MailSession" and look up java:comp/
env/mail/MailSession  you should be able to omit any configuration in
the geronimo plan for your app.  Otherwise you can use the resource-
link element to point to mail/MailSession.

Hope this helps
david jencks