geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How can I specify a directory external to Geronimo as a dependency for my EJB?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:52:47 GMT

On Nov 8, 2006, at 8:33 AM, bart.boeckner@sybase.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to deploy an EJB to Geronimo 1.2 which needs to load
> resources
> from a directory outside of Geronimo.
>
> I think I need to add a dependency in my deployment plan, so that this
> directory can be added to the ClassLoader for the EJB.  However I
> don't see
> any way to have a dependency which points to a File URI, so that I can
> specify this directory.

Would this perhaps be a use for a URL environment-entry?

> According to the schema the dependency can only reference modules
> within
> the Geronimo Repository.  Is there a way I don't know about to
> reference
> something which isn't a geronimo module.

If a URL doesn't work for you, you could try adding a SharedLib gbean
to your geronimo plan that points to the directory you are interested
in.  I'm pretty sure you can point to a directory outside geronimo if
the path starts with /.

> I don't know this first hand, but I heard that this was possible in
> Geronimo 1.0, perhaps this could be brought back for 1.2?

Not that I know of...

thanks
david jencks