geronimo-user mailing list archives

From niteryder <niteryder...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying EAR because of DataSource
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:00:13 GMT

Hi,

I used geronimo 1.1.1 which i downloaded with this link

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/geronimo/1.1.1/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.1.zip

I got a deployment error on console 'Deploy New' feauture
In ear file there is only one module which is the web app
It has web.xml and geronimo-web.xml under WEB-INF
As you see jdbc/TEST1 is linked with dependency to the console db pool TEST1
And i am sure the names are correct because it is running when you deploy
only that war.
then i put it in an ear and add as the only module in
geronimo-application.xml
but it gave error about jdbc/TEST1
then i put a copy of geronimo-web.xml under deployment folder at top level
of ear
and add alt-dd node to the module but again it couldn't reach
then i added dependency nodes to geronimo-application.xml when I saw on
Guillaume's message and it is deployed.
i also checked ear and war file in it. all xml files are in their places but
it cannot or doesn't check geronimo-web.xml for datasource dependencies.

thanks,

seckin

djencks wrote:

> [...]
>>   <sys:environment>
>>     <sys:moduleId>
>>       <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
>>       <sys:artifactId>test-ear</sys:artifactId>
>>       <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
>>       <sys:type>car</sys:type>
>>     </sys:moduleId>
>>     <sys:dependencies/>
>>   </sys:environment>
>>   <module>
>>     <web>test-war.war</web>
>>     <alt-dd>deployment/geronimo-web.xml</alt-dd>
>>   </module>
>> </application>
>>
>> this was giving unable to resolve resource reference jdbc/TEST1
>>
>> then i changed geronimo-application.xml like below and it is deployed
>>
>> <application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/
>> application-1.1"
>> xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
>> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
>> application-name="test-ear">
>>   <sys:environment>
>>     <sys:moduleId>
>>       <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
>>       <sys:artifactId>test-ear</sys:artifactId>
>>       <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
>>       <sys:type>car</sys:type>
>>     </sys:moduleId>
>>     <sys:dependencies>
>>       <sys:dependency>
>>         <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
>>         <sys:artifactId>TEST1</sys:artifactId>
>>         <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
>>         <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
>>       </sys:dependency>
>>       <sys:dependency>
>>         <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
>>         <sys:artifactId>TEST2</sys:artifactId>
>>         <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
>>         <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
>>       </sys:dependency>
>>     </sys:dependencies>
>>   </sys:environment>
>>   <module>
>>     <web>test-war.war</web>
>>     <alt-dd>deployment/geronimo-web.xml</alt-dd>
>>   </module>
>> </application>
>>

>> But my question is how can i make these dependencies for only a
>> project in
>> ear. I mean only the web project have dependency to these
>> datasources in ear
>> and i've already put these dependency in geronimo-web.xml
>> and if it gives this error that means it checks web.xml of war
>> project so it
>> might also check geronimo-web.xml
>> because if i want only deploy war project (not in ear), it exactly
>> does this
>> right? it finds the dependencies from geronimo-web.xml so it
>> successfully
>> deploys war project.
>>
>> if this is the only way for ear should i remove the dependencies in
>> geronimo-web.xml ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could you be bit more specific on your situation? I might be able to
>>> help you as the author of this sample application. :)

makes me wonder
connection factory
deploying the

any names :)  I'm