geronimo-user mailing list archives

From niteryder <niteryder...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying EAR because of DataSource
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:29:07 GMT

Hi Lasantha,

I've already answered Guillaume's answer, it is deployed now. But i want to
ask a question about the structure.

First i created database pools from the console
then I deployed a war project with geronimo-web.xml in it

geronimo-web.xml
------------------------------

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
	<environment>
		<moduleId>
			<artifactId>test-war</artifactId>
		</moduleId>
		<dependencies>
			<dependency>
				<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
				<artifactId>TEST1</artifactId>
			</dependency>
			<dependency>
				<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
				<artifactId>TEST2</artifactId>
			</dependency>
		</dependencies>
	</environment>
	<context-root>/test-war</context-root>
	<!-- define a reference name to the db pool-->
	<resource-ref>
		<ref-name>jdbc/TEST1</ref-name>
		<resource-link>TEST1</resource-link>
	</resource-ref>
	<resource-ref>
		<ref-name>jdbc/TEST2</ref-name>
		<resource-link>TEST2</resource-link>
	</resource-ref>
</web-app>

Later I want to put this war project into an ear and deploy to geronimo.
This time i had to prepare geronimo-application.xml
but I didn't realize that i have to put dependencies again to
geronimo-application.xml
I was expecting it to find from geronimo-web.xml (I put it also under a
folder named 'deployment' in ear and referenced it with alt-dd under module)

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
application-name="test-ear">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>test-ear</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:dependencies/>
  </sys:environment>
  <module>
    <web>test-war.war</web>
    <alt-dd>deployment/geronimo-web.xml</alt-dd>
  </module>
</application>

this was giving unable to resolve resource reference jdbc/TEST1

then i changed geronimo-application.xml like below and it is deployed

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
application-name="test-ear">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>test-ear</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:dependencies>
      <sys:dependency>
        <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
        <sys:artifactId>TEST1</sys:artifactId>
        <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
        <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
      </sys:dependency>
      <sys:dependency>
        <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
        <sys:artifactId>TEST2</sys:artifactId>
        <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
        <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
      </sys:dependency>
    </sys:dependencies>
  </sys:environment>
  <module>
    <web>test-war.war</web>
    <alt-dd>deployment/geronimo-web.xml</alt-dd>
  </module>
</application>

But my question is how can i make these dependencies for only a project in
ear. I mean only the web project have dependency to these datasources in ear
and i've already put these dependency in geronimo-web.xml
and if it gives this error that means it checks web.xml of war project so it
might also check geronimo-web.xml
because if i want only deploy war project (not in ear), it exactly does this
right? it finds the dependencies from geronimo-web.xml so it successfully
deploys war project.

if this is the only way for ear should i remove the dependencies in
geronimo-web.xml ?

Thanks

wrote:

> [...]
names :)  I'm