geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Question regd Geronimo and LoginModules
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:56:07 GMT
There's no way to add a "plan Java" module to an EAR -- you can only
list WARs, EJB JARs, or RARs in application.xml.  It is possible to
put a "plain JAR" in an EAR and add it to the Manifest Class-Path of a
module that's listed in application.xml, but if you add it to a web
app class path that way, you may just run into the same bug (I don't
remember the mechanics of the Manifest Class-Path processing for WARs
in 1.0).  You can try it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it needed to
be listed in the Manifest of an EJB JAR or RAR in order to work.

It's also possible to add JARs in the repository to the class path at
any level (EAR, WAR, etc.) and that should avoid the bug, but my
understanding is that you're trying to avoid this.

Thanks,
     Aaron