geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hall <...@trifecta.com>
Subject Clustering and Database Access
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:09:48 GMT
Hello,

I've been playing with a Geronimo cluster recently and it's gone rather
well thus far.  Load balancing, session replication, and sticky sessions
are all working... but database access has me stumped.

I'm running into the following error when I attempt to deploy to the
cluster:

xml problem for web app .
...<snipped>...
Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment
descriptor: [error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected elements
'resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1
resource-env-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1
message-destination@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1
security-realm-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.1
gbean@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1' instead of
'cluster@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.1' here]

The WAR works correctly on this server when the clustering GBeans aren't
included in the deployment plan, so I know the application and the
database pool are correct.  The Geronimo sample applications deploy
correctly to the cluster and I can see session replication and sticky
sessions in action, so I know that the cluster is configured correctly.

The problem is in my deployment plan, and the error message confirms
this.  However, it's virtually identical to the plan used by the sample
applications (which work on the cluster).  The only difference is the
inclusion of a <resource-ref/> element to map the DB pool to a JNDI
resource (the same element that works without clustering).  Pulling the
<resource-ref/> element out of the deployment plan and the web.xml
allows the application to deploy... though without DB access.

Has anyone configured a cluster with database access?  Am I going about
this in the right way, or am I completely off-base?

I can provide the geronimo-web.xml and web.xml if they will help.

Thanks.

-Chris