geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From lasan...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: Deploying Axis2 1.0 in Geronimo 1.1.1 yields error
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 02:24:29 GMT
Hi Michael,

I played with Axis2 for the Web Service sample application some time
before.  It works for me fine for the deployment of both hot deployment
and console based one even though it gives a warning (Linux machine).

I will definitely investigate this and let you know any updates. :)

Thanks,
Lasantha Ranaweera

> Hi all,
>
> (I'm a newby to Geronimo and Axis2 - if there is a better NG to ask
> this: please advise)
>
> I just downloaded Geronimo V1.1 (tomcat version) from the Apache website
> to my Windows XP box - it seems to work OK. I get the welcome screen and
> I can login to the console and inspect settings etc. etc.
>
> I then downloaded Axis2 V1.0 and moved the axis2.war file to the
> <GERONIMO_HOME>deploy directory.
>
> But if I now start geronimo with axis2.war in place I get the console
> output below. For some reason the axis2.war can't be (fully) deployed.
> Not fully means: I get the axis2 welcome page and even the "validate"
> works OK, but I can't e.g. login (http://localhost:8080/axis2/Login.jsp)
> or do anything else here.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Michael
>
>
>
> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_07)...
> Starting Geronimo Application Server v1.1.1
> [*********************> ] 93%  13s Starting
> default/axis2/116307663...14:23:45,603 INFO  [DeploymentEngine]
> Deploying module : addre
> ssing-1.0
> 14:23:45,603 INFO  [DeploymentEngine] Deploying module : soapmonitor-1.0
> [***********************] 100%  14s Startup complete
>   Listening on Ports:
>     1099 0.0.0.0 RMI Naming
>     1527 0.0.0.0 Derby Connector
>     4201 0.0.0.0 ActiveIO Connector EJB
>     4242 0.0.0.0 Remote Login Listener
>     8009 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector AJP
>     8080 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTP
>     8443 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTPS
>     9999 0.0.0.0 JMX Remoting Connector
>    61616 0.0.0.0 ActiveMQ Message Broker Connector
>
>   Started Application Modules:
>     EAR: geronimo/webconsole-tomcat/1.1.1/car
>     RAR: geronimo/activemq/1.1.1/car
>     WAR: default/axis2/1163076636493/war
>     WAR: geronimo/remote-deploy-tomcat/1.1.1/car
>     WAR: geronimo/welcome-tomcat/1.1.1/car
>
>   Web Applications:
>     http://SEMENTINA:8080/
>     http://SEMENTINA:8080/axis2
>     http://SEMENTINA:8080/console
>     http://SEMENTINA:8080/console-standard
>     http://SEMENTINA:8080/remote-deploy
>
> Geronimo Application Server started
> 14:23:47,056 ERROR [DirectoryMonitor] Unable to scan file
> C:\geronimo-1.1.1\deploy\axis2.war during initialization
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid id: axis2
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:49)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryHotDeployer.getDeploymentTime(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:215)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.initialize(DirectoryMonitor.java:233)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:206)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> 14:23:51,056 INFO  [Hot Deployer] Deploying axis2.war
> 14:23:51,728 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
> contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or
>  may not be a problem, depending on whether you have things like
> resource references that need to be resolved.  You can also give th
> e deployer a separate deployment plan file on the command line.
> 14:23:53,368 ERROR [GBeanInstance] Problem in doFail of
> default/axis2/1163078631197/war?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name
> =default/axis2/1163078631197/war
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.removeContext(TomcatContainer.java:327)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$ff26f4fd.removeContext(<generated>)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doFail(TomcatWebAppContext.java:459)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1010)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:508)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e571a276.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.getWorkPath(StandardContext.java:1789)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.destroy(ContextConfig.java:1269)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:281)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.destroy(StandardContext.java:4419)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.removeContext(TomcatContainer.java:325)
>         ... 31 more
> 14:23:53,400 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
> now in the FAILED state: abstractName="default/axis2/11630786
> 31197/war?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/axis2/1163078631197/war"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name '/axis2' is
> not unique
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:749)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.java:313)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$ff26f4fd.addContext(<generated>)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppContext.java:438)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:981)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:508)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e571a276.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
> default/axis2/1163078631197/war failed
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:544)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:508)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e571a276.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
> Unknown start exception
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:440)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)
>         ... 12 more
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
> Configuration default/axis2/1163078631197/war failed to start du
> e to the following reasons:
>   The service
> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/axis2/1163078631197/war
> did not start because the doStart method
> threw an exception.
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name '/axis2' is
> not unique
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:749)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(TomcatContainer.java:313)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$ff26f4fd.addContext(<generated>)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatWebAppContext.doStart(TomcatWebAppContext.java:438)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:981)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:540)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:508)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e571a276.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
>
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:403)
>         ... 14 more
> 14:23:53,587 WARN  [Hot Deployer] Unable to start some modules for
> C:\geronimo-1.1.1\deploy\axis2.war
>
>
>


Mime
View raw message